9th Gen Civic Update #8
So on the weekend I ended up finally getting around to making my new amp bracket. Not sure if I mentioned before but I had 1x 8″ Pioneer slim sub under the driver’s seat powered by a Pioneer amp. The setup was ok but I wasn’t quite happy with the performance. It definitely added much needed bass but the amp I had lacked some basic features because it was one of Pioneer’s older and cheaper amps so things like bass control weren’t there. I now have 2x 8″ Pioneer slim subs under each front seat powered by a Rockford Fosgate amp. I got it all set up properly using a multimeter and scope at work to make sure the overpowering amp was set right and that there was no clipping. I think the 2 subs give the interior cabin just the right amount of tight punchy bass and since they’re under the seats I don’t need to vibrate my panels off to feel the bass also. I’m also considering making more in progress shots almost like a DIY guide style or some youtube videos not sure yet though. Anyways below is the temp wooden bracket I was using while setting up the amp wiring and settings and the new metal bracket.
I also had a little extra time to refinish my Hella horns. While they are somewhat built to be exposed to the weather they definitely weren’t built to contend with the constant barrage of salt and dirt of winter driving in Canada and the screws they supplied started showing quite a bit of rust and grungyness. I purchased some stainless steel hardware and hopefully they hold up better. I don’t have any before shots but trust me they didn’t look nice. Also while I had them apart I added a few more coats of the metallic speck blue paint I use as an accent color. I think they turned out pretty good.